Pre Settlement Funding For Bus Accident Settlements
In 2008 there were over 840,000 registered buses on the road driving more than 7.1 million miles. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, in that same year, at least 24,000 people were injured either on a bus or in an accident involving a bus.
Preventing Bus-Related Injuries
Bus injuries and accidents don’t have to be large, dramatic incidents in order to result in lifelong pain and suffering. Even a simple slip and fall while getting on a bus and trying to pay your fare can adversely affect the rest of your life.
Bus companies should be looking out for you and being extra careful about the drivers they allow to operate their 11-ton vehicles, but as increasing news stories tell us, they are not. In 2013, Broward County’s Sun Sentinel reported that Florida’s second-largest bus system had a history of allowing drivers with accidents and other violations to stay on the road. Some drivers had even been fired and rehired despite a long history of accidents.
While the majority of bus drivers are sensible and safe, it only takes one bad bus operator to ruin your life. There are some things that you can do in order to reduce the likelihood of injury:
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before approaching it
- Do not cross the road immediately in front of a bus
- Always cross at crosswalks when the sign indicates it’s safe
- Hold the handrail when you get on or off the bus
- Look at the stairs and doorway to make sure your path to enter or exit the bus is clear
Lawsuit Funding For Your Auto Accident Settlement
Despite your best possible efforts, you could still be injured on a bus or by a reckless bus driver. If so, you deserve to recover the medical expenses and lost wages the injury costs you as well as some compensation for pain and suffering. At Pravati Capital, we want to be your strategic partner from start to finish. As such, we can help you find an attorney best suited to fighting for the recovery of your damages. But more than that, we can even help you get financing before your case is settled so that you can meet your various financial obligations even before you’ve won a settlement. Contact us today so we can start putting your life right-side up again.
Do You Need Pre Settlement Funding On Your Auto Accident Settlement?
BUS Accident Parameters For Funding
- Bus drivers working while fatigued
- Drivers who have not been adequately trained or properly screened for employment
- Drivers who are under the influence of intoxicants
- Buses that are overloaded or improperly loaded, and
- Buses and equipment that is poorly or improperly maintained.
If you experienced a Bus Accident, contact Pravati Legal Funding today.