Need Legal Funding On A Dog Bite Settlement?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report there are almost 4.5 million dog bites injuries each year. 50% of the victims are children and 20% of the bites are so severe that they require medical attention. In 2012, 27,000 dog bite victims were forced to get reconstructive surgery as a result of a bite. Dog bites or other violent animal attacks can also result in injuries that you can see. They can create deep psychological wounds that require expensive counseling.
When Dogs Attack
Pit bulls and Rottweilers often bear the brunt of the fear that people have for dogs, but these are not the only breeds known to attack. German shepherds, mixed breeds, and even Great Danes also have a history of biting humans.
It’s not always easy to avoid being the victim of an animal attack. Children especially can easily become victims. Should an animal bite you, make sure to:
- Ask to see the animal’s vaccination records to ensure that it’s up to date on its rabies and distemper shots.
- Take pictures of the injury and, if possible, the animal.
- Write down a description of the events preceding the bite, during the bite and following the bite. Make sure to notate whether the dog was on a leash, whether it was unattended, whether it had tags and so on.
- Seek medical attention immediately even if the injury doesn’t seem severe.
- Get the contact information of the animal’s owner.
- Make a report with the authorities.
Lawsuit Funding To Help You Get Your Dog Bite Settlement
No matter what you have suffered as a result of an animal attack or dog bite, you deserve to receive compensation for the expenses that you face as well as help easing your future pain and suffering. Pravati Capital invests in the success of both law firms and plaintiffs fighting for justice after a dog bite. To this end, we’ve built a network of qualified, experienced attorneys who can help you.
We also understand that finding the right attorney is just part of the battle facing plaintiffs. Many also need financial assistance through the term of the case in order to pay medical expenses, make up for lost wages and start making their family whole again. Pravati Capital can assist with this by providing legal financing that takes away much of the financial pressure facing litigants over the course of their trial or settlement negotiation.
Pre Settlement Funding For Your Dog Bite Settlement
Dog Bite Parameters For Financing
- The injured person was attacked or injured by a dog.
- The person being sued (the defendant) is the owner of the dog.
- The victim didn’t provoke the dog to bite.
- The victim was acting peaceably somewhere he or she had the right to be.
If you experienced a Dog Bite, contact Pravati Legal Funding today.