image used in a zoloft birth defects lawsuit
legal-funding-company-contact

Still Waiting On Your SSRI Settlement?
Pravati Can Help.

Legal Funding For Zoloft Birth Defects And SSRI Antidepressant Lawsuits

In 2011, Harvard Health Publications reported that the use of antidepressants had risen almost 400% between 1994 and 2008. They noted that roughly 10% of Americans were taking an antidepressant and that women were 2.5 times more likely to be on an antidepressant than men.

There are different types of antidepressants, but one of the most popular is called an SSRI, which means selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. SSRIs such as Celexa, Paxil, Prozac, Lexapro and Zoloft work by blocking the reabsorption of serotonin. This increases the amount of serotonin in the brain cells which boosts the mood of the person taking it. While this may seem like a healthy, reasonable way to help a person deal with depression, these drugs may be responsible for birth defects when they are taken by pregnant women.

Understanding SSRI Birth Defects

Everything a mother takes in during her pregnancy makes its way into the baby’s system. This is why pregnant women are advised not to smoke or drink excessive amounts of caffeine or alcohol. But many women don’t realize that the medications they take can also get into the baby’s system and cause problems. In 2006, a Danish study showed that as many as 30% of newborns who are exposed to SSRIs are born with disorders such as seizures and abnormal muscle tone. Their study further showed that women on SSRIs during pregnancy had a 40% greater chance of having a baby with a congenital malformation and a 60% greater chance of the baby having a cardiac malformation.

There are many different SSRI and Zoloft birth defects.

Lawsuit Funding for SSRI Antidepressant And Zoloft Birth Defects

If you were not warned of the potential dangers brought on by continuing to take an SSRI during your pregnancy or if your child was born with a defect that you think was caused by your having taken an SSRI, we want to help you. Pravati Captial has positioned itself to be your strategic partner from the start of your lawsuit to its finish. We can help you find an attorney who is best suited to fight for the recovery of damages associated with the birth defects your child suffered. More than that, we can even help you get financing before your case is settled so that you can continue to provide the best possible care for your child.

Pre Settlement Funding for Zoloft Birth Defects And SSRI Antidepressant Lawsuits

SIDE EFFECTS CAUSED BY SSRI ANTIDEPRESSANTS

  • spina bifida
  • clubfoot
  • hypoplastic left heart syndrome
  • narrowing of the aorta
  • heart murmurs

 

If you believe that you are experiencing side effects from taking antidepressants, see your doctor for diagnosis.

the legal funding team of Pravati. Helping you with your lawsuit and pre settlement funding
We Can Help. Contact us at 1.844.454.4892
get-financial-relief
RECENT LEGAL FUNDING NEWS
[webp_rss_scroller]